DescriptionThe Teach & Treat Remote Reward Trainer is a great tool for helping dogs learn because it allows pet parents to quickly reward their dogs when they get the behaviours they want to see. Use Teach & Treat to develop the behaviours you want from your dog, like sitting, keeping calm and responding to verbal commands. With the press of a button on your remote control, Teach & Treat will dispense kibble or premium treats from up to 27,5 metres away. You’ll gain access to tutorial videos led by a certified trainer who will walk you through every step of the way, ensuring you get the most out of your training sessions.
Your Teach & Treat system comes with a dispenser, remote and a target for your dog to run to. The unit is lightweight and portable, transforming every room of your house into a classroom where your dog can learn new skills or sharpen old ones. Place it on top of your dog’s crate so you can drop treats in when he is behaving in his own space! The unit is powered by 4 D batteries and treats are dispensed with a quiet motor, allowing your dog to focus on the positive reinforcement the Teach & Treat will give him.
- Remotely reinforce your dog’s good behaviour the moment it happens
- Dispense kibble or treats from up to 27,5 metres away with remote control
- Tutorials led by certified trainer help you get the most out of your Teach & Treat training sessions
- Lightweight and portable so you can enforce good manners around the house
- Perfect for teaching dogs of all ages new skills or practising existing ones
- Teach & Treat unit
- Remote control
- Collapsible target
- 2 treat-dispensing discs
- Quick Start Guide
With our training videos you can learn from a professional trainer and turn every mealtime into a thorough training session or train using treats for fast, focused lessons.
Give him treats from your hand before using the Teach and Treat. As he quiets and gives you good behaviour, give a treat from the Teach and Treat.
Keep training fun! Begin training with his favourite treats/kibble until your dog is comfortable taking food from the dispenser.
For multi dog households we recommend training one dog at a time. The Teach and Treat includes over 15 training videos and step-by-step instructions to help you train all your pets confidently.
Use only dry or semi-moist treats/kibble that fit in the small or large disc. Oval or round treats/kibble of uniform size work best. Use his favourite treats or kibble to make sure your dog is motivated to work before starting to train.
The Teach and Treat was designed with a quiet motor so even timid dogs can utilise this training tool. Begin by giving treats from your hand. After providing a few treats/kibble, make a trail of treats/kibble leading to the Teach and Treat. Do not dispense any treats but allow your dog to walk up to the Teach and Treat. After repeating this several times, your dog will learn to walk up to the dispenser without hesitation.
Yes, simply remove all batteries from the Teach and Treat, and then wipe it down with a damp cloth. You can remove the tray liner and discs and wash them by hand or in the dishwasher.
PetSafe® Teach & Treat Remote Reward Trainer
Manual & Support
- Quick Start Guide - English, Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Italiano, Español (2.7MB)
- Video - Reward Your Dog - PetSafe® Teach & Treat Remote Reward Trainer (YouTube)
- Video - Understanding Your PetSafe® Teach & Treat Remote Reward Trainer (YouTube)
- Video - How to Set Up Your PetSafe® Teach & Treat Remote Reward Trainer (YouTube)